Myles (1812) states that the first chapel was opened in 1780: a society is included in the 1780 accounts of the Leicester and Nottingham Circuit
John Wesley preached in Mountsorrel, in the open, on 27th May 1783 and 10th July 1786. This was apparently at Stonehurst Farm, not much more than one hundred yards north of the later chapel
A chapel was erected in 1811 on Loughborough Road which stood until 1897, when it was sold to the Mountsorrel Granite Company, and another more commodious chapel was erected a short distance away.
On the 31st March 1851, 122 adults and 58 children attended the afternoon service, and 46 adults came in the evening. The average congregations were similar: 100 adults and 58 children in the afternoon, 40 adults in the evening, and the number of sittings was 302.
The first chapel could seat 286, and the 1897 chapel (illustrated) 215. 
The chapel closed at the end of 1962, along with the former Primitive and United Methodist chapels in the village, being replaced by the current Mountsorrel Methodist Church which was designed between 1965 and 1969, and opened in September 1970. The former chapel now appears to be part of a housing developement, Hugh Lupus Court.
Grid reference SK578153
 Richardson, S.Y. Bright Hope: Methodism in Loughborough 1. Heritage vol 7, no.3 April 2006 p 10
Myles, William. A Chronological History of the People Called Methodists, of the Connexion of the late Rev. John Wesley; from their Rise, in the Year 1729, to their Last Conference, in 1812. 4th ed. London: printed at the Conference-Office … by Thomas Cordeux, 1813 p433
 Loughborough Wesleyan Methodist Circuit. Notes respecting chapels, schools and other trust properties … presented to the Quarterly Meeting held on Saturday, 15th March, 1930
 HO 129/416/29
 Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947