Wesley Hall Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1896/7. The architects were Draper and Walters of Leicester. Their plan does not survive but a section shows a conventional interior with the pulpit opposite the entrance and a large meeting room behind. There was a gallery on three sides which extended over the vestibule at the front of the building. The schoolroom was built a few years later. In 1940 the floor of the chapel which measured 59 feet by 56½ feet had seating for 550. The gallery, which ran round all four sides of the building, seated 400. All the sittings were on forms. The schoolroom measured 59 feet by 36 feet. There were twelve classrooms or vestries rooms and a clubroom which linked the two main buildings. The chapel continues to be used as a Methodist place of worship and the schoolroom building is now occupied by Wesley Hall Community Project Ltd.
Leicestershire etc. Record Office 23D67/3869 Leicester City building plans
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1901/624, 1911/590. 1931/597
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD1Methodist Accommodation returns, 1940/
Site visit 8.9.2018