The second Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in Old Dalby was built of brick in 1902. It provided about 160 sittings all of which were free in 1931. In 1940 the chapel which measured about 34½ feet by about 22½ feet had seating for 96 persons in pews on the floor of the chapel a further 13 in the choir gallery. There was one schoolroom (22¼ feet by 18 feet) and one other room. (GWO)
A photograph of the chapel when it was still in use, by Keith Guyler, is available in British Methodist Buildings.
As the recent photographs show, it is in residential use. Methodist services in the village are still held (2020), once a month, in the parish church.
The grid reference of the former chapel is SK674238, and the site of the 1805 chapel it replaced is at SK671238 (next to a convenient footpath) (PT)
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit 1911/591, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/694 (Melton Mowbray Circuit)