Billesdon Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was formed from an old building in 1854. It was enlarged and re-fronted in 1859 at a cost of £110. By 1860 the original building and subsequent extensions and alterations had cost £138.14.6d. From 1873 to 1891 the chapel provided seating for 72 persons. This had risen to 90 by 1901 and remained at that level until the chapel was closed. This occurred between 1911 and 1931because the congregation had moved away from the village.
White’s Directory of Leicestershire, 1863 p 528
Leicestershire Record Office, N/M/NDD 1-15, Annual trust returns, Nottingham and Derby District 1860-1878
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Oakham Circuit 1873/500, 1881/566 1891/613, 1901/626 and Leicester, Bishop Street Circuit 1911/588
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Bishop Street Circuit, 1931/588