Leicester, Metcalf Street Wesleyan Chapel was built in 1829. By 1860 the original building and subsequent extensions and alterations had cost £328. In 1863 it was described as a Sunday school but it was being used as a place of worship in 1873 when it provided seating for 250 persons. It was not being used in 1881 and may well have been closed around 1874 when the new school opened in Bishop Street.
Whites Directory for Leicestershire, 1846, p 93
Whites Directory for Leicestershire, 1863 p 177
Wesleyan seating returns, 1873, p 57
Leicestershire Record Office, N/M/NDD 1-15, Annual trust returns, Nottingham and Derby District 1860-1878