Skip to content
My Wesleyan Methodiﬆs
Sharing stories, photos, memories and research
Add your story
You are here:
Acresford Methodist Church
Acresford is a hamlet on the border between Leicestershire and Derbyshire and situated some 6 miles from Ashby de la ...
Ashby-de-la-Zouche Wesleyan chapel
The chapel in Ashby was built in 1869. In the 1873 returns it was recorded as having 580 seats, increasing ...
Barrow upon Soar, High Street Wesleyan chapel
The chapel illustrated was erected in 1822, and the schools at the back in 1878 . It closed for worship ...
Burton on the Wolds
Burton is on the north Leicestershire Wolds, about 4 miles east of Loughborough. In 1930 it was reported that “It ...
Christchurch Methodist Church, Shepshed in Leicestershire
Once thought to have been the largest village in England, Shepshed in 2015 has become a fast expanding small town ...
Great Glen Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire
Grid ref SP656978
Hathern, Dovecote Street
A society at Hathern appears in the June 1780 accounts of the Leicester and Nottingham Circuit, according to Richardson, and ...
Heather Wesleyan Methodist chapel
Newton Road, Heather LE67 2RD
Hoton is just outside Loughborough. John Wesley visited the home of a local farmer, John Angrave, in August 1770 and ...
Husbands Bosworth Wesleyan rented preaching place
Husbands Bosworth rented preaching place was built in 1808. In 1851 it had seventy free and thirty other sittings. In ...
Kegworth, High Street
A society at Kegworth in North West Leicestershire appears in the June 1780 accounts of the Leicester and Nottingham Circuit, ...
Kibworth Beauchamp Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire
Grid ref SP982937
Laughton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel(s), Leicestershire
Information about Laughton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel is scant. In 1851 a chapel built in 1839 was being used It had ...
Leicester, Belgrave Road/Rothley Street, Belgrave Wesleyan Hall and Mantle Memorial School, , Leicestershire
This large building was designed by local architect, Arthur Wakeley. The school facing Rothley Street opened in 1897 and the ...
Leicester, Bishop Street WM Chapel, Leicestershire
Leicester, King Richard's Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel now known as St Andrews Methodist Church Centre, Leicestershire
Grid ref SK576044
Leicester, Mere Road, Wesley Hall Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire
Wesley Hall Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1896/7. The architects were Draper and Walters of Leicester. Their plan does ...
Loughborough, Ashby Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire
Ashby Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1899. The configuration of the site suggests it was intended to conform ...
Loughborough, Leicester Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire
Leicester Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1828/9. It was a neat red brick building which cost £2000 and ...
Lutterworth, Bakehouse Lane/Baker Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire
Grid ref SP 543844
Lutterworth, Bitteswell Road, Wycliffe Memorial Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire
Grid ref SP543846
Market Harborough, Kings Head Place, formerly called Bowden Road, Wesleyan MethodistChapel, Leicestershire
Grid ref SP733876
Market Harborough, Northampton Road
This chapel replaced the one in Kings Head Place, described elsewhere on this site by G.W. Oxley. In the 1873 ...
Mountsorrel Wesleyan Methodist chapel
Myles (1812) states that the first chapel was opened in 1780: a society is included in the 1780 accounts of ...
Around the world
Isle of Wight
Wesleyan Churches Within the Bede Circuit