Scalford New Street Wesleyan Chapel was built of brick in 1835/44. By 1860 the original building and subsequent extensions and alterations had cost £400.
In 1852 the chapel provided 80 free and 100 other sittings, 180 in all. The capacity remained at this level through to 1931 when all the sittings were free.
In 1940 the chapel which measured 34½ feet by 27¼ had seating for 140 persons in pews (and 6 chairs). There were two schoolrooms (39½ by about 16 feet and about 30 feet by 18 feet) and one other room
The chapel was situated in a back street towards the south end of the village (grid ref SK764239)
The National Archives,1851 ecclesiastical census HO129/418/3/28
Whites Directory for Leicestershire, 1868, p 378
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit 1873/499, 1881/565, 1891/612, 1901/625, 1911/591, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/694 (Melton Mowbray Circuit)
Leicestershire Record Office, N/M/NDD 1-15, Annual trust returns, Nottingham and Derby District 1860-1878
OS 25 inch Leicestershire XIII 10, 1884