Stoney Stanton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire, LE9 4LL

Stoney Stanton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built of brick in 1886. Reported seating capacity ranged from 150 (1891) to 130 (from 1901 to 1931 when 60 were lettable and 70 free). In 1940 the accommodation consisted of a chapel measuring 38 feet by 18 feet and seating 120 on forms and a school hall (28 feet by 15 feet). The chapel continues to be used as a Methodist place of worship and there is an image of the chapel on this website. Find Us (hinckleymethodistcircuit.org.uk)

Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Hinckley Circuit 1891/407, 1901/405, 1911/375, 1931/385
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1931/385
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/691 (Hinckley, Stockwell Head, Circuit)

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *