In 1901 the site of the future chapel was vacant land but its style suggests that it was built shortly thereafter. It is unusual among chapels located between the branches of a Y junction (eg Hull Derringham Bank or Carlisle Currock Road) in that it presents a side view rather than the main entrance gable to those approaching up the leg of the Y. The structure in front of the chapel is the Wycliffe Memorial and its presence may have influenced the orientation of the chapel premises.
In 1940 the chapel had seating for 250 persons in pews and there was one schoolroom and five other rooms.
Methodist Accommodation returns, 1940 p163
Site visit 23.6.2018