Hungarton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (ii), Leicestershire

Hungarton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built of brick in 1895. In 1901 there were 80 sittings but this figure had risen to 105 by 1911. All seats were free in 1931.
In 1941 the accommodation comprised a chapel measuring 27 feet by nearly 20 feet and seating for 80 persons in pews and a schoolroom (16 feet by nearly 13 feet) but no other rooms.
The chapel stood on the west side the same lane heading northwards out of the village as the 1845 chapel but further north (grid ref SK690075)

Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit 1901/625, 1911/591, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/694 (Melton Mowbray Circuit)
OS 25 inch Leicestershire XXXII.7 1902-4

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *