Grimston Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (ii), Leicestershire

Grimston Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built of brick in 1892. It provided 120 sittings all of which were free in 1931. In 1940 the chapel, which measured 33 feet by 21 feet had seating for 80 persons in pews. There was a schoolroom (18 feet by 15 feet) but no other rooms.
The chapel was situated on the north side of the road to Saxelbye at the point where it turns sharply southeastwards (grid ref 685219).
Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit 1873/499, 1881/565, 1891/612, 1901/625, 1911/591, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/694 (Melton Mowbray Circuit)
OS 25 inch Leicestershire XIX 3 1899-1900

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *