Market Harborough, Northampton Road

This chapel replaced the one in Kings Head Place, described elsewhere on this site by G.W. Oxley. In the 1873 returns it was reported there were 386 seats, and in the 1940 returns, 375.

These two architectural drawings were published by the Wesleyan Chapel Committee.

Reference: The Seventeenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1871 p 120-121

Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1871
Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1871
See comment by G W Oxley
G W Oxley

Comments about this page

  • Inside the building which replaced this one there is a painting off the exterior dated 1992. This was the year the foundation stone for the new building was laid so we may take it that the painting represents the building as it appeared just before demolition. A noticeable feature is the absence of the spire. Was it ever built and, if so, when was it taken down?

    By GW Oxley (24/04/2019)
  • Very little remains of this building. The newel caps from the perimeter wall have been reused at the front of the new building and there are several foundations stones set into a wall at the back of the site,

    By GW Oxley (05/02/2019)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *