Asfordby Trinity Wesleyan Chapel, Leicestershire

Asfordby Trinity Wesleyan Chapel was built in 1885. Thereafter the seating capacity fluctuated around 150 but between 1931 and 1940 it rose to 220. In 1940 all the seating was in pews. The chapel measured 37½ feet by 28 feet. There was a school hall (32 feet by 20 feet), a small schoolroom and vestry (28½ feet by 12¼ feet), and one other room.
The chapel was situated on the north side of the village street slightly to the west of a lane leading southwards to the river.
Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit 1891/612, 1901/625, 1911/591, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/694 (Melton Mowbray Circuit)
OS 25 inch Leicestershire XIX 7 1902-3

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *