Knossington Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (ii), Leicestershire

Knossington Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1909. In 1911 and 1931 it seated 100 but this had fallen to 80 by 1940 when the accommodation consisted of a chapel measuring 28 feet by 19 feet and a schoolroom measuring 24 feet by 12 feet.
The chapel was situated on the south side of a road towards Oakham (grid ref SK803086)
Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit 1911/591, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/695 (Melton and Oakham Circuit)
Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940 No 694 (Melton Mowbray Circuit)

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *