Shackerstone Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1825-7. Application was made to the Chapel Committee for permission to build a chapel at Thackerstone (sic) in 1825. It was expected to cost £100 and was completed by 1827. By 1855 £160 had been spent on the building. In 1851 the chapel provided 40 free and 30 other sittings, 70 in all and remained around this level until 1931. In 1940 the chapel measured 20 feet by 18 feet and seated for 50 persons in pews and a single form. There no other rooms.
The National Archives,1851 ecclesiastical census TNA HO129.413.1.27 (Market Bosworth Union)
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD88 Chapel/Trust Schedules, 1855, Ashby de la Zouch Circuit
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD58 Applications to the Chapels Committee for permission to build, extend or sell Chapels, 1817 – 1830 No. 284
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Ashby de la Zouch Circuit 1873/511, 1891/618, 1901/637, 1911/602, 1931/599
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/477 (Ashby de la Zouch, St Johns Circuit)