Before the chapel was built the Wesleyans of Hungarton met in a private house. Hungarton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was opened in November in 1845. The total cost of the project was £108 of which the land had accounted for £10. The chapel measured 20 feet by 21 feet. By 1860 the original building and subsequent extensions and alterations had cost £110.
In 1851 the chapel provided 50 free and 30 other sittings, 80 in all By 1873 this figure has fallen to 62 and remained at level thereafter.
The chapel stood in a lane heading northwards out of the village, opposite the vicarage garden (grid ref SK689074)
The National Archives,1851 ecclesiastical census HO129/410/1/21
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, Methodist Conference Archive Register of applications to build Nos 1804-2166, 7 Dec. 1842 – 9 July 1846 No 2038, 18 June 1845
Whites Directory for Leicestershire, 1868, p 610
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit 1873/499, 1881/565, 1891/612
Leicestershire Record Office, N/M/NDD 1-15, Annual trust returns, Nottingham and Derby District 1860-1878
OS 25 inch Leicestershire XXXII.7, 1884-6