Stonesby Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (ii), Leicestershire

Stonesby Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built of brick in 1885. In 1891 it provided 120 sittings. This figure had fallen to 105 by 1911. All seats were free in 1931. In 1941 the accommodation consisted of a chapel measuring 30 feet by 24 feet which seated 120 in pews and a school room 23 feet by 17½ feet which was built of stone with a brick front. This may well have been the chapel of 1847 which was located in the same area (grid ref SK823246)..

Sources

John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit 1891/612, 1901/625, 1911/591, 1931/598

John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit, 1931/598

John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/694 (Melton Mowbray Circuit)

OS 25 inch Leicestershire XIII.12 1902-4

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *