Great Easton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire

Great Easton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built of brick in 1857. From 1873 to 1931 the Chapel provided around 100 sittings, all of which were free by 1931. By 1940 the chapel which measured 27 feet by 16 feet and only seated 65 on forms. There were no other rooms.

Sources
White’s Directory of Leicestershire, 1863, p 548
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1873/77, 1881/104, 1891/117, 1901/114, 1911/109, 1931/112 (Market Harborough Circuit)
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2112 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places,(Market Harborough Circuit)
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1/688 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940 (Market Harborough Circuit)

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this