Market Harborough, Kings Head Place, formerly called Bowden Road, Wesleyan MethodistChapel, Leicestershire

Grid ref SP733876

Bowden Road chapel was built in 1813. A school was added in 1861. In 1851 it provided 160 free and 168 other sittings. In 1863 there were 360 sittings in all. The chapel was closed when the Northampton Road chapel was opened in 1871. The building has had many uses since ceasing to be a chapel and is at present a kitchen shop

Sources

White’s Directory of Leicestershire, 1863, p 539

TNA HO129.409.1.29 Census of religious worship

White’s Directory of Leicestershire, 1863, p 539

Site visit 9.04.2018

Market Harborough, Kings Head Place, general view, 09.04.2018
G W Oxley
Market Hrborough, Kings Head Place, brickwork, 09.04.2018
G W Oxley

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone