Before 1875 there are references to Wesleyan Chapels in Hall Croft (1851) and Field Street (1860). Given that their seating capacity was the same it seems likely that these were the same building. In 1851 it was reported to have been built in 1796 and to provide 200 free and 100 other sittings and in 1873 there was seating for 300 persons (78 lettable, 64 free and 85 for children, on the basis of 16 inches per sitting). Given that they were in the same street it is likely that this chapel was demolished to make way for a new chapel in 1875.
William White, Directory of Leicestershire and Rutland, 1863
The National Archives HO129/415/1/8/23 1851 Ecclesiastical census
Wesleyan seating returns, 1873, p 58
Leicestershire, etc. Record Office, N/M 207/28 Accommodation return, 1873