Leire Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1817. From 1873 to 1891 its seating capacity ranged between 100 and 120. It was situated on the east side of the village street opposite The Hall. It was replaced by the chapel built on same site in 1898
White’s Directory of Leicestershire, 1977 p. 495
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Hinckley Circuit 1873/328, 1881/379, 1891/407,.
25 inch OS Leicestershire XLIII.16, 1885-7 and 1901-3