Market Harborough, Kings Head Place, formerly called Bowden Road, Wesleyan MethodistChapel, Leicestershire

Grid ref SP733876

By GW Oxley

Bowden Road chapel was built in 1813. A school was added in 1861. In 1851 it provided 160 free and 168 other sittings. In 1863 there were 360 sittings in all. The chapel was closed when the Northampton Road chapel was opened in 1871. The building has had many uses since ceasing to be a chapel and is at present a kitchen shop

Sources

White’s Directory of Leicestershire, 1863, p 539

TNA HO129.409.1.29 Census of religious worship

White’s Directory of Leicestershire, 1863, p 539

Site visit 9.04.2018

Photo:Market Harborough, Kings Head Place, general view, 09.04.2018

Market Harborough, Kings Head Place, general view, 09.04.2018

G W Oxley

Photo:Market Hrborough, Kings Head Place, brickwork, 09.04.2018

Market Hrborough, Kings Head Place, brickwork, 09.04.2018

G W Oxley

This page was added by GW Oxley on 17/04/2018.