Kibworth Beauchamp Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire

Grid ref SP982937

By GW Oxley

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Kibworth Beauchamp Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire' page
Kibworth Beauchamp Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in1846. In 1851 it provided 50 free and 84 other sittings. In 1873 there was seating for 146 persons. Built of brick, it had seating for 150 in pews in 1940. There were 2 schoolrooms and no other rooms. It continues to be used as a Methodist place of worship.

Sources

TNA HO129.409.1.32 Ecclesiastical census, 1851

Wesleyan seating returns, 1873, p 9

Methodist Chapel returns, 1940, p162

Site visit 4.5.2018

Photo:Kibworth WM Chapel, plaque, 4.5.2018

Kibworth WM Chapel, plaque, 4.5.2018

G W Oxley

Photo:Kibworth WM Chapel, north side of chapel, 4.5.2018

Kibworth WM Chapel, north side of chapel, 4.5.2018

G W Oxley

Photo:Kibworth WM Chapel,  extension building, 4.5.2018

Kibworth WM Chapel, extension building, 4.5.2018

G W Oxley

Photo:Kibworth WM Chapel, east side of extension building, 4.5.2018

Kibworth WM Chapel, east side of extension building, 4.5.2018

G W Oxley

Photo:Kibworth WM Chapel, notice board, 4.5.2018

Kibworth WM Chapel, notice board, 4.5.2018

G W Oxley

This page was added by GW Oxley on 06/06/2018.