The chapel was built in 1791 and became a Sunday school when Finkle Street Chapel opened in 1840. The building was sold for £350 when the new schools in South William Street were opened in 1884 and the site was later occupied by the opera house. It is difficult to determine the present user of the building. It could be occupied in association with the shop which abuts it to the rear.
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Centenary Brochure, 1940)
Site visit 24.05.2016