The Chapel was built of iron in 1894. A new organ was installed in 1919. In 1940 it had 300 sittings on forms. There were two other rooms. It was closed and the building sold in the early 1950s. The building has since been re-clad and is now (May 2015) occupied by the Workington Amateur Operatic Society.
(Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM3/1/43 – 62, DFCM/14/13; Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, )