The Wesleyans acquired Roweltown Chapel in 1891 for £300. The site seems to have been leasehold until the freehold was purchased in 1934. The premises then consisted of a chapel, a cottage and outbuildings. The chapel was built of stone and had 170 sittings on forms in 1940. It was probably closed sometime before it was sold for £215 in 1948-50.
Cumbria Archives Service, Kendal WDFCM7 Synod Minutes 1937-1974
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Cumbria archives Service, Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917)
Cumbria Archives Service, Carlisle DFCM11/146 property file