Renwick Chapel was built in 1817 at a cost of £150. It had 79 free sittings and 72 for letting. In 1873 it had 151 sittings. It was closed and demolished in 1904. The site was used for the new chapel. No image of this chapel has been found. (Wesleyan seating returns, 1873; Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM/1/2/82-97, DFCM3/1/43-62, DFCM4/1/8, DFCM4/1/6A) .