The chapel was built of brick in 1861 at a cost of £130. In 1873 it had 80 sittings. A new organ, porch and rostrum were installed in 1904. A vestry and Sunday school were added in 1911 at a cost of £79. In 1940 it had 90 sittings on forms and one other room. By 1981 there were only 60 sittings. It continues in use as a Methodist place of worship.
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist property statistics 1940, 1980, 1991; Thurstonfield Methodist Church, 1861 - 1986
John Rylands Library, University of Manchester, Carlisle WM District minutes, 1852-1864
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Wesleyan seating returns 1873
Site visit c2015-6