The chapel was a former warehouse built of brick in 1893. In 1940 the chapel had 80 sittings on forms and there was a schoolroom. It closed in June 1952 because the work had declined and the building was difficult to adapt.
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist property statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle, DFCM3/1/43-63 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM14/13 chapel record cards