The Chapel was built in 1850 at a cost of £212. In 1928-9 the erection of a boiler house costing £110 was approved. In 1851 it had 58 free and 74 other sittings. In 1873 it had 104 sittings. In 1940 the chapel had 120 sittings on pews, reduced to 96 by 1980. There was a schoolroom and no other rooms. It is now in residential use.
The National Archives HO129/565/3/8Ecclesiastical Census
Wesleyan seating returns, 1873
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Site visit 24.02.2018