Maryport, Well Lane, Chapel was built in 1806. In 1851 it provided 100 free sittings and 159 others. In 1863, in support of proposals to replace it it was described as being in an “objectionable locality”. The absence of a schoolroom was also considered to be a defect. It was closed in 1864 when Brow Street opened.
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle, DFCM1/2.82-85
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle, DFCM2/30 Wesleyan trust papers, 1863
The National Archives HO129/570/4/15 1851 census of religious worship