Foulsyke Chapel was built of brick in 1899 The church measured 42 feet by 18 feet. An American organ was installed in 1907. The chapel had 120 sittings in 1911 and 1940 and there were no other rooms. It was open with 100 sittings in 1991. It was subsequently closed and is now in residential use.
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle, Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM2/20 circuit amalgamation papers, 1940
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM9/9 Seating returns for 1911
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Site visit 8th May 2016