Talkin Chapel was built of stone in 1871 at a cost of £165. There were 80 sittings in 1873 which, in 1940, were all on forms. There were no additional buildings. It was closed as a place of worship in 1959 whenTalkin was described as a dying village. Services had ceased some years previously and there were no members. The building was sold in 1960-1 for £150. It is now used as a holiday cottage.
Cumbria Archives Service, Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877
DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
DFCM14/13 chapel record cards Wesleyan seating returns, 1873
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940