In 1851 a private dwelling was being used for services. The chapel was built of stone in 1891 and valued in 1897 at £450. In 1940 it had 130 sittings, all in pews and there was one additional room. The chapel was closed on 1 June 1964 when there had already been no services for ten years and there were no members. It is now in residential use.
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM11/32-4 Brampton Wesleyan Circuit trust schedules, 1860-78, 1879-98, 1918-37
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940
DFCM14/13 chapel record cards chapel record cards
Site visit 6.3.2016