Aspatria Chapel was built in 1899 when it was valued at £700. Plans for the installation of a heating chamber at a cost of £265.15.0d were approved in 1920/21 and completed a year later. The location of his chapel has not been ascertained but it probably occupied part of the site of the 1929 building.
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
John Rylands Library, University of Manchester, Carlisle WM District minutes, 1878-99 and 1920 – 1932