The chapel was built of brick in 1861 at a cost of £230. In 1873 it had 150 sittings. In 1940 the chapel had 90 sittings in pews. There was also a one other room. By 1980 the sittings had been reduced to 60 and there were no other rooms. The chapel is in use as a Methodist place of worship. It has been partitioned into two areas. At the front is a lobby with two rooms off. One is a kitchen where refreshments are available. The main chapel has been much altered. The ceiling has been boarded in, the pews replaced with chairs and the rostrum appears to be of a later date than the building itself.
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist property statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Wesleyan seating returns 1873
Site visit 21.1.2016