Nenthead Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (ii) was built in 1874. From 1901 to 1931 it seated 364 (250 lettable and 114 free). This had fallen to 310 in 1940 when the seating was in pews. There were no other rooms. In 1981 and 1991 a building erected in 1836 and seating 250 was being used implying that the 1874 chapel had been closed. Could the 1836 building be all that remained of the first chapel on the site?
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places,1901/741, 1911/620, 1931/714
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places,, 1931/714
OS 25 inch sheet Cumberland XLII , 1859-61 and 1898-9
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM10/83 Alston Circuit trust schedules, 1929-1942
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991