The chapel was built in 1828 at a cost of £80 and in 1851 it had 159 free sittings. In 1873 it had 150 sittings. In 1940 the chapel had 100 sittings in pews and there were no other rooms. By 1980 the sittings had been reduced to 75. It was closed in 1991 and is now in residential use.
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
The National Archives HO129/567/2/10
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist property statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Wesleyan seating returns 1873
Huggon, John, Carlisle Methodism, Part 3, Cumbria Wesley Historical Society, 75, Spring 2015, p10 -11
Site visit July 2013