The chapel was built of brick in 1870 at a cost of £156.4.6, the expense being much reduced by much labour being donated by Mr Mitchison. In 1873 it had 100 sittings. In 1940 the chapel had 100 sittings on forms. There was also a schoolroom. By 1980 the sittings had been reduced to 65 and there were no other rooms. In 1962 the premises comprised a chapel 21 feet by 29½ feet heated by four searchlight stoves and a schoolroom 28½ feet by 22 feet also heated by four searchlight stoves with a WC and washbasin in the adjoining porch. It closed in 1992 and is now in residential use.
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist property statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle, DFCM/1/2/83-97 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-63 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM1/2/54
Wesleyan seating returns 1873
Hugon, John, Carlisle Methodism, Part 3, Cumbria Wesley Historical Society, 75, Spring 2015, p10
Site visit 8th May 2016