Low Brownside Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1849. It had 84 free seats, 62 other seats and standing room for 30. In 1873 it had 133 sittings but this had fallen to 110 by 1901 (80 lettable and 30 free in 1931). By 1940 there were 100 in pews. There was also one other room. The chapel was closed between 1963 and 1980.
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1873/595, 1901/741, 1911/620, 1931/714
The National Archives HO129/564/1/7, 1851 ecclesiastical census
John Rylands Library, University of Manchester Newcastle Wesleyan Methodist District property schedules 1900-1903
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM10/83 Alston Circuit trust schedules, 1929-1942
Carlisle Library, 1A287 Returns of Accommodation as at 1st July 1940, printed summary No 386
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1980, 1991