The Chapel was built in 1880 at a cost of £3501.18.0d. In 1884 £143 was spent erecting side galleries and a Sunday school was added in 1890/1. A new organ was installed in 1897. It stood on the site of the existing Methodist Church.
Cumbria Archive Service, Whitehaven YDFCM2/38
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM3/1/43 – 62)
John Rylands Library, University of Manchester, Carlisle WM District minutes, 1878-99
NLS 25” OS Cumberland LXVII. 12 1899
Site visit 23.9.2017