In 1885/6 approval was granted for the construction of a new chapel which was expected to cost £825. Plans were drawn up in 1887. The architect was not named.
The chapel was 44 feet by 28 feet 6 inches. It was entered through a single storied, double doored porch in the gable end facing the street. The gable also had two large gothic style windows with a round window above. Inside there were three blocks of pews and two aisles. The heating stove was to the rear of on on the side blocks of pews and the pulpit and sanctuary opposite the entrance. Behind the pulpit were two vestries, 16 feet by 7 feet.
Along the length of one side of the building was a lean-to schoolroom 51 feet 6 inches by 14 feet which had a separate entrance. On the side was a passage giving access to a privy and another unnamed building.
It was built of stone and in 1940 the chapel had 260 sittings on chairs. There were two other rooms. Lavatories and a storeroom were installed in 1962-3.
A boundary wall was erected and a car park provided in 1968-9 (£559). The sittings had been reduced to 200 by 1980. The chapel was in use as a place of worship in September 2014
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM2/20 circuit amalgamation papers, 1940, DFCM2/112
John Rylands Library, University of Manchester, Carlisle WM District minutes, 1878-99
Cumbria Archives Service, Kendal WDFCM7 Synod Minutes 1937-1974
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle, DFCM1/2/811
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle SRDC3/1//259)
Site visit, September 2014