The first chapel was “at the foot of the street”. In 1797 it was sold to Joseph Hall who converted it into a house and workshop.
The second chapel was built in 1797 and the third in 1867. It was designed by Mr Haswell of South Shields in a mixture of Norman and Italian styles. The builder was Thomas Cranston and the joiners were T Richardson and J Walton. The cost was £2000. New Sunday School premises were opened in 1933.
Carlisle Library, 1A287, St Paul’s Methodist Chapel, 1868 – 1968
Site visit, Seprtember 2008