Stoneraise, WM Chapel, Cumberland
Grid Ref NY402497
The chapel was built of brick in 1891. In 1940 the chapel had 70 sittings on forms and there were no other rooms. By 1980 the sittings had risen to 100 and another room was reported. The chapel was closed in 2011 and by 2014 the building had been sold for conversion to residential use.
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist property statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Huggon, John, Carlisle Methodism, Part 3, Cumbria Wesley Historical Society, 75, Spring 2015, p10 -11
Site visit 2014