Nentsbury, Nentholme Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was erected in 1825. In 1851 it had 108 free seats, 156 other seats and no standing room. In 1873 it had 168 sittings but by 1901 this figure had fallen to 117 (37 free and 80 lettable in 1931) where it remained until 1940 when there were 120 sittings in pews. There was also a schoolroom. In 1980 and 1991 the capacity was reported to be 150.
The National Archives, HO129/564/1/9 1851 ecclesiastical census
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1873/594, 1901/741, 1911/620, 1931/714
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places,, 1931/714
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM10/83 Alston Circuit trust schedules, 1929-1942
Carlisle Library, 1A287 Returns of Accommodation as at 1st July 1940, printed summary No 386
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1980, 1991