Aspatria Hall, Queen Street/North Road WM Chapel), Cumberland

Grid Ref NY 148419

 

Aspatria Hall, Queen Street/North Road WM Chapel (iii), Cumberland

Grid Ref NY 148419

Plans for the erection of a new chapel at a cost of £5000 were approved in 1926-7. It

in 1929 at an actual cost of £5862. In 1940 the chapel had seating for 308  on chairs. There was a schoolroom and five other rooms. An organ costing £330 was installed in 1957-8. . By 1980 the seating had been reduced to 273. In 1958-9 repairs and improvements were carried out. The kitchen was modernised at a cost of £223 in 1959-60. The building continues in use as Methodist place of worship

Sources

John Rylands Library, University of Manchester, Carlisle WM District minutes, 1920 – 32

Cumbria Archives Service, Kendal  WDFCM7 Synod Minutes  1937-1974 [NB inconsistencies in the description and reporting of works may mean that some projects are entered twice]

Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980; site visit 05.09.2015

Site visit 05.09.2015

 

Aspatria Hall WM Chapel (ii),southern elevation 26.08.2015
G W Oxley
Aspatria Hall WM Chapel Queen Street/North Road Chapel
G W Oxley
Aspatria Hall WM Chapel (ii),west window 26.08.2015
G W Oxley

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone