The chapel was built of stone in 1869-70 at a cost of £300. In 1873 it had 120 sittings. A Sunday school was added in 1919. In 1940 it had 100 sittings in pews. There was also a schoolroom. By 1980 the sittings had been reduced to 100.The chapel closed in 1982 and is now in residential use.
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist property statistics 1940, 1980; Low Hesket Methodist Church, 1869 – 1969
John Rylands Library, University of Manchester, Carlisle WM District minutes, 1852-1864
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Wesleyan seating returns 1873
Huggon, John, Carlisle Methodism, Part 3, Cumbria Wesley Historical Society, 75, Spring 2015, p10 -11