The chapel was built of brick and opened on 4th October 1873 when it had 150 sittings. The total cost including land was £440. In 1894/5 approval was granted for the construction of unspecified enlargements. In 1940 it had 80 sittings in pews There was also a one other room. In December 2013 it was in use as Methodist place of worship.
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist property statistics 1940, 1980, 1991;
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
John Rylands Library, University of Manchester, Carlisle WM District minutes, 1878-99
Wesleyan seating returns 1873
Carlisle Library, 1A287 Wetheral Methodist Church, 1873 – 1973
Site visit Dec. 2013