In 1851 a school room erected around 1804 was being used. Apparently there was no seating but standing room for about 60. In 1851/2 approval was granted for the construction of a chapel which was opened in 1856/7. It was built of brick and cost of £105. In 1873 it had 160 sittings. In 1940 the chapel had 60 sittings on forms and there was schoolroom. The chapel was closed on 8 November 1968 through failure of the cause and the cost of repairs being too great. It is doubtful whether any of the structure remains standing.
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist property statistics 1940
John Rylands Library, University of Manchester, Carlisle WM District minutes, 1852-1864
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle, DFCM/1/2/83-97
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle, DFCM3/1/43-63
The National Archives HO129/568/4/4 Census of religious worship
Wesleyan seating returns 1873
Site visit 27.09.2015