Crookes, School Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1836 at a cost of £1916. In 1873 it had seating for 255 people. It was enlarged, probably by the addition of the block to the rear of the original chapel, in 1886. When the new Wesley Hall (qv) was under construction in 1907 the intention was to build a new Sunday School on this site. It seems that this intention was not carried out and that the original chapel survives between newer extensions. In recent years the building has been converted to residential use and there have been further extensions such as the projecting structure at the front.
Seed, TA Seed, Norfolk Street Wesleyan Chapel, Sheffield, p274
Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1873/477
Site visit 14.2.2020